guys, i don’t know why i waited so long to do OLY classes.
well, it was in part due to my schedule. but, i’m all in.
things about it that i really like:
- it’s work at your own pace
- it really comes down to just you and the bar
- it is far more communal-people talk and joke with one another between lifts.
- it doesn’t make me feel like that fat girl who does crossfit.
- the things i’m weak at are things i can actually get better at immediately.
- there’s a variety of people at different abilities but no one feels inadequate.
- there’s an automatic sense of beastliness.
- it takes little brain power when doing it correctly. which, for someone who lives in their head is a welcome chance to feel grounded in the body.
plus, it makes me kind of feel like this: